1 tin of tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 tablespoon oil
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the garlic and fry until softened and lightly golden.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 20 minutes until reduced to a nice consistency. Add the sugar.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling water.
- Mash the tomato sauce with a potato masher to reduce the tomato lumps (optional).
- Serve over the cooked pasta.
Maybe add some herbs or chilli flavours OR
Grate some cheese on top
Idea for Using Leftovers
Put leftovers in an oven dish. Top with some bread crumbs, cheese or even crumpled crisps. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until bubbling.
This recipe was shared with us by Stroud District Foodbank.